Forget what you consider a neutral and focus on these fun shades for spring…
Picture a Lichtenstein lithograph — that Pop Art effect is what you want from blue shadow this season. “It should be a solid lump of color on the eyes,” says makeup artist Dick Page. It’s ballsy, it’s unexpected and “it’s actually quite glam if you keep the rest of your makeup very simple.”
1. Stila Smudge Stick in Cobalt
2. L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eyeliner in Cobalt
3. NYX Gel Liner in Cobalt Blue
4. CoverGirl LiquilineBlast Eyeliner Pencil in Blue Boom
5. Lancôme Long-Lasting Liner in Blue Oasis
What would you do if I told you that orange — true, strong, in-your-face orange — is going to be your new everyday lipstick color? For real: It was so prevalent on the spring runways that makeup artists are even trading in red for it.
“The look of the season is definitely metallic — and if it isn’t metallic on the clothes, it is on the face,” says makeup artist Pat McGrath. Our favorite shade: gold. Choose a cream shadow and liquid highlighter on your lids and cheekbones, then a gold-flecked gloss on your lips.
1. Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer in 4
2. Dior Diorshow Fusion Mono Eye Shadow in Météore
3. CoverGirl LipSlicks Smoochies Sizzle Gloss in Firecracker
4. Lancôme Color Design Eye Shadow in 24 Karat
5. Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in Gilded Gold
6. CoverGirl TruMatch The Luminizer in Gold
Lavender, a spring staple, now comes with unexpected undertones of gold and bronze shimmer. Use it in place of the usual duo of brown eye shadow and pink-y nude lip gloss for a soft daytime look.
1. Hard Candy Mod Quad Baked Eye Shadow in Under the Moon
2. Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Pulse
3. Vincent Longo Cream Gel Eyeliner in Flamenco
4. Mary Kay Cream Color Eye Color in Violet Storm
5. Nars Lip Gloss in Annees Follies
6. Laura Mercier Eye Shadow in African Violet [via Allure]
Check out more great spring colors at the original source!
Have you been switching out your neutrals for any of these beautiful spring shades? Which one is your favorite?