If you’re looking for a way to add a whole new element to your makeup, then look no further than mascaras in bold new colors. Fun shades like blue, purple and pink can be toned up or down for day and night looks. Here are my picks for the best colored mascaras out there and tips for rocking the trend.
1. Diorshow Mascara in Azure Blue, Dior; 2. Smoky Lash in Green, Make Up For Ever; 3. Noir Couture 4 in 1 Waterproof Mascara in Purple Velvet, Givenchy; 4. Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara in Black Gold, Covergirl; 5. ‘Hypercolor’ Brow Gel and Mascara in Pink, Anastasia Beverly Hills; 6. Glitter Eyeliner and Mascara in Mystic Teal, Sephora.
- For a more subtle look, apply regular black mascara then add a pop of color to the tips. You can also only apply the color to your top or bottom lashes.
- For bolder colors, balance out the rest of makeup by sticking to neutral tones allowing your eyes to really stand out.
- While all colored mascaras are fabulous, some work better with certain eye colors. Green and purple work will with green and hazel eyes. Brown eyes look great with darker shades like blue and purple. Gold works well to make blue eyes pop. Blue mascara is the truly universal one that works well with all eye colors.
- While matching your eyeliner to colored mascara is cool, don’t match your eyeshadow. Try complementary colors like green mascara for peach/coral shadow, for example.
Would you try colored mascaras, Lovelies?