I would like to start off this post by saying that it was inspired by the incredibly talented British makeup artist, Lisa Eldridge. She posted a video on YouTube awhile back on how to achieve the perfect 'no makeup-makeup look' and I just loved it! I'm definitely someone that likes to go with a natural 'oh this just took me five minutes' look rather than looking all made up. This look is great for day time when you want to look natural and fresh but don't feel comfortable going out with a completely naked face. This makeup lets your true beauty shine through which I definitely think girls should do more often! Don't you think?
1. As always, you want to start your base with clean and moisturized skin so that the makeup you apply will melt into the skin. Then I would choose a light coverage foundation or bb cream such as the DiorSkin Nude BB Creme to even out the skintone and hide minor imperfections. This BB creme is amazing because it gives good coverage without feeling heavy on the skin. The finish is also very natural which is perfect for the 'no makeup' look that we're going for! To cover any redness or blemishes, pinpoint conceal using a tiny brush and then blend the edges using your fingers. This will give the most natural-looking coverage possible. A great concealer for this is either the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer or the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.
2. This next step is totally optional but I love a little light contouring to add definition to the face. If done right, it can look very natural and beautiful. The Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium is the perfect shade to create incredibly natural shadows in all the right places. I recommend sweeping this in the hollows of your cheeks, along your jawline and on your temples for a flawless and natural look.
3. Something that's essential to this look is cream blush. A little color in your cheeks creates a lovely glow that brightens your whole face. I find that cream blushes blend beautifully into the skin and look much more natural than powders do. The Korres Cheek Butter in Philia Rose is perfect for this makeup look because it's a natural warm pink that creates a gorgeous rosy glow that looks so pretty on all skintones.
4. When it comes to the eyes, we want to play up the peepers as naturally as possible. Whenever I want to define my eyes in a very subtle way I automatically go with the Naked Basics Palette. This palette is a no fail product. For this look, I would start by sweeping W.O.S. (walk of shame) all over the lid. I love that it brightens the eye without being obvious that you're wearing shadow. Then I would lightly run Naked 2 along my crease for that added definition we all love. It's so subtle that people won't notice that you're wearing anything but your eyes will stand out more than they would bare. To finish off the shadow, apply Crave to the upper lash line as close to the lashes as possible using an angled liner brush. This will look more natural than a liquid or gel liner would but still defines the eyes! Love love love this look for everyday.
5. This step is simple! I adore Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara because it creates the most beautifully natural fluttery lash look. A couple coats of this and your eyes will be complete!
6. The last step is definitely the easiest! It's quite simple — you want your lips to look natural but luscious at the same time. The RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek Shine in Smile makes this achievable by adding the perfect combo of subtle color and shine to the lippies. It's a sheer coral/pink shade that looks fabulous on everyone.
What are some of your favorite tricks for the "no makeup" makeup look?