It's no secret that Jessica Alba is one of the most beautiful women in the world. Her face looks lovely with or without makeup but just like anyone other woman, putting some makeup on helps her to feel more put together and ready to take on the day. She's not just a bronzey movie star with a glow that girls would kill for anymore, she's a mom too. Her world revolves around her two precious daughters, Honor and Haven, which means most of the time... she's in a rush. In her new book, The Honest Life, she shares with the world her "10 minute face" — the look she opts for when she wants to look and feel like a hot mama but doesn't have more than 10 minutes to spend on her makeup! Hopefully this step by step plan to a gorgeous face will save all you Lovelies some time and leave you feeling b-e-a-utiful!
1. Use a mixture of your favorite tinted moisturizer and sunscreen to create that perfect base that will even out your complexion.
2. Use a creamy concealer to hide any blemishes, dark spots, or bouts of redness that you wish to conceal! J-Alb mentioned in her book that she loves the RMS Beauty "Un"-Cover-Up. I've heard some amazing things about this concealer from one of my favorite bloggers as well as Miranda Kerr. I mean, if Miranda Kerr approves, could it really steer us wrong?
3. Curl them lashes, Lovelies! I swear by it. It truly makes your eyes look brighter and more awake. I use Kevyn Aucoin curlers which I adore but I've also heard a ton of raves about the Shu Uemura lash curlers. If you don't want to break your bank for lash curlers (which I totally understand) then any drugstore brand will do as well!
4. Apply a heavy dose of mascara to those lashes for a fluttery a voluminous look. Nothing takes you from one to ten faster than dramatic, mega-black lashes. One that I've been dying to try lately is Clinique's High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara!
5. Apply cream blush to the apples of your cheeks for a healthy flush. A pop of color on your cheeks will brighten your whole face and make you appear awake and youthful. I love cream blush because it's so natural looking and blends seamlessly into the skin. I've been loving coral for the summer months because it looks so warm and is such a happy color! Josie Maran makes a lovely one and it's all organic. Bonus.
6. Finish off your 10 minute face with a tinted lipbalm. It's easy and simple which is perfect for us busy bees. My holy grail tinted lip balm is Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia. Burt's Bees for a busy bee! I'm corny, I know. It's super moisturizing and they have an adorable variety of colors. Just throw it in your bag for the day and apply whenever you need it!
I also love that she adds a PS at the bottom. She says that if you have time you should use a pencil to define your brows. Filling in your brows instantly makes you look neat and pulled together. So jealous of all the girls out there with perfect brows! A great pencil is the Maybelline Define-A-Brow Eyebrow Pencil or MAC Lingering Eye Pencil. Use light strokes to make the brows look very natural.
Do you have a 10 minute makeup routine, Lovelies? Let me know what your favorite routine is that makes you feel/look good and gets you out the door in record time!